When I began my Soul Recovery journey, I started with my physical body. It was easier for me to start there because I knew a little bit about nutrition and exercise. Starting to treat my physical body with love gave me the confidence and self-trust to start the process of treating my emotional body with love. It’s a process that’s connected, there’s a reason it’s called the Body, Mind and Spirit connection! This is one of the reasons I love Holistic Coaching so much. It encompasses all areas of our lives: Physical, Emotional and Spiritual. All of these attributes contribute to the state that we feel our lives are in. If one area is out of balance, there’s a very good chance you will feel out of balance in the other areas as well. Coaching allows you and me to work together to identify which area is the most out of balance and we can then begin to make small changes to improve your satisfaction with it. This then creates more happiness and fulfillment in the other areas as well.
Institute for Integrative Nutrition
I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition where I studied innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories; everything from Ayurveda, gluten-free, and Paleo, to raw, vegan, and macrobiotics, and everything in between. Taking a holistic approach to my self-care enabled me to be better in touch with my whole self and what my heart really needed. It is this approach that I passionately pass on to my clients.
I studied with the world’s top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Deepak Chopra, MD World Leader in Mind-Body Medicine, Director of Education at The Chopra Center, Bestselling Author
- David Katz, MD, MPH, Authority on Preventive Medicine and Weight Management, Director of the Yale Prevention Research Center
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, Chair of the Department of Nutrition at Harvard’s School of Public Health and Bestselling Author
- Andrew Weil, MD, Bestselling Author and Expert on Integrative Medicine and Mind-Body Interactions
- Gabrielle Bernstein, Motivational Speaker, Life Coach, Bestselling Author
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, Functional Medicine Doctor, Founder of Blum Center for Health
- Mark Hyman, MD, Founder and Medical Director of The UltraWellness Center, Bestselling Author
- Geneen Roth, Pioneer of Emotional Eating and Empowerment, Bestselling Author
- David Wolfe, recognized Expert and Bestselling Author on Superfoods and Raw Nutrition
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health at New York University
- Mark Bittman, New York Times Columnist, Bestselling Author
My education at IIN has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition as well as coaching. Drawing on my experience and continued personal growth, I work with individuals to incorporate emotional, physical, spiritual and mental shifts in their lives. You will develop a deeper understanding of lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your confidence, health, and self-awareness. All of these personal growth tools will ensure your journey is well-rounded and fits your personal requirement for life-long happiness and love.Each session will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. We will talk about things at a deep level, seeking to bring balance to important elements of your life such as love and relationships. I will personally and carefully guide you to make simple, small changes that transform your life.
Most recently I took my Yin Yoga/Restorative Teacher training at Yoga and Beyond so I could learn even more about our physical body and how to work with it to feel our best. I learned about our healing breath, and just how important learning to breathe properly is for our health and mood. During the yoga training, I felt noticeably different physically. My anxiety lessened, I had very little cravings for sugar, and my sleep was amazing! It was very eye-opening to see how a regular yoga practice would benefit my life in so many ways. I look forward to passing on what I’ve learned in my yoga training to my clients and to incorporating my knowledge into my programs and workshops in the future!